Java moss is one of the easiest to grow, and hardy, aquarium plants around.
It belongs to the Hypnaceae family and is native to Southeast Asia. It is very common in moist tropical climates and grows on rocks, river banks and tree trunks.
Due to its low requirements regarding water quality and lighting, it is perhaps the most common moss amongst freshwater aquarists and is widely available both in shops and online.
It is commonly used for aquascaping and can produce beautiful results. It also has many other benefits such as providing protection for eggs and fry, improving tank health and providing food for breeding fish.
| Growth Rate:
||Low to Bright
||15 to 30C (59-86F)
||5.0 to 8.0
- Excellent plant for beginners and experienced aquarists alike
- Gives your aquarium a natural planted look. Great for planting in the foreground
- Fish and shrimp will love this plant and some species will use them to lay eggs
- Does not need special or high-intensity lighting and can be kept in any freshwater aquarium
- You get 1 Java Moss on a 5×3″ coconut fiber mat