You get 1 portion of Java Moss in a 4oz container.
Java Moss is a popular aquatic plant that is often used in aquariums. It is a hardy and low-maintenance plant that can survive in a variety of conditions, making it a great choice for beginners and experienced aquarists alike.
Java Moss has small, light green leaves that grow in a dense and tangled mass. It can grow in a variety of water conditions, including both soft and hard water, and can tolerate a wide range of temperatures.
To care for Java Moss in your aquarium, it is important to provide it with low to moderate lighting and a substrate or object to attach to. Java Moss does not require planting in the substrate, but can be attached to rocks, driftwood, or other objects in the aquarium.
Java Moss can be propagated by separating sections of the plant and attaching them to new objects or areas in the aquarium. Regular pruning can help to keep the plant looking neat and prevent it from overgrowing.
Due to its low requirements regarding water quality and lighting, it is perhaps the most common moss amongst freshwater aquarists and is widely available both in shops and online.
It is commonly used for aquascaping and can produce beautiful results. It also has many other benefits such as providing protection for eggs and fry, improving tank health and providing food for breeding fish.
| Growth Rate:
||Low to Bright
||15 to 30C (59-86F)
||5.0 to 8.0
- Excellent plant for beginners and experienced aquarists alike
- Gives your aquarium a natural planted look. Great for planting in the midground or foreground
- Fish will love this plant and some species will use them to lay eggs
- Can provide hiding places for fry and invertebrates
- Does not need special or high-intensity lighting and can be kept in any freshwater aquarium.